Pretty make-up is nothing without mascara. Pretty make-up with false eye lashes is just something else entirely! It just gives any makeup a glamorous finish. I do not wear false eye lashes on a daily basis, I mostly wear them for a night out, special occasions and weddings of course. And depending on the occasion, I pick the false lashes I’m gonna use. Putting on false lashes can be intimidating at first, but as soon as you get the hang of it it’ll turn into the fun part of doing your make-up!
1 useful tip I can give you is practice, practice and practice some more! It’s just like perfecting your eyeliner.
Here are some of my favourite lashes and tools
- Katy Perry Lashes (darling) by Eylure: Those are my favourite if I wanted to go all out and have a dramatic look. It’s perfect with a thick eyeliner and neutral eyeshadow. However, it will look a bit too much with smoky eyes or dark eyeshadow unless you’re going for that look.
- Ardel Accents Lashes : Those are fun to put on to add a bit of something to a natural makeup. I like them because they’re really easy to use.
- Shu Uemura Partial Soft Cross: If you’re not comfortable using the full eyelashes or the individual ones, then this might be something you would like. They’re not very dramatic yet they do make a difference.
- Shu Uemura Natural Volume 01: You can’t go wrong with those, and it’s true to its name they do look natural yet there is some volume to them. I really like those but I couldn’t find the drug store version.
- Shu Uemura False Lash Applicator: You can either get this one or use any pair of tweezers you have.
- Duo: It’s a white/clear eyelash adhesive, and they do have them in black. I personally do not get the hype around this adhesive. I found the one that came with the eylure lashes much better.
- Georgie Beauty : This is one of my random purchases, I found them beside one of the makeup counters at Neiman Marcus. They had 3 different styles of eye lashes in pretty individual boxes. For some reason I only got the glue, I do not understand why I didn’t get the lashes to try them out! But I’m glad I bought it, it’s the best glue I’ve ever used! Note to self: Get the eye lashes next time! The lashes are called Winks by Georgie
Here are some video tutorials on how to apply eye lashes with other additional information and tips. I hope you guys find them useful!